In this article, we are going to learn about how to install afflib tools in Kali Linux 2022.4. The Advanced Forensic Format (AFF) is on-disk format for storing computer forensic information. Critical features of AFF include:
- AFF allows you to store both computer forensic data and associated metadata in one or more files.
- AFF allows files to be digital signed, to provide for chain-of-custody and long-term file integrity.
- AFF allows for forensic disk images to stored encrypted and decrypted on-the-fly for processing. This allows disk images containing privacy sensitive material to be stored on the Internet.
This package provides the AFF Toolkit, that is a set of programs for working with computer forensic information. Using these tools you can:
- Interconvert disk images between a variety of formats, including:
- Compare disk images and report the data or metadata that is different.
- Copy disk images from one location to another, with full verification of data, metadata, and the automatic generation of a chain-of-custody segment.
- Find errors in an AFF file and fix them.
- Print information about a file.
- Print detailed statistics about a file
- Generate a XML representation of a disk image’s metadata (for example, acquisition time or the serial number of the acquisition device).
- Produce a XML “diskprint” which allows a disk image to be rapidly fingerprinted without having the computer the SHA1 of the entire disk.
The AFF Toolkit provides these executables: affcat, affcompare, affconvert, affcopy, affcrypto, affdiskprint, affinfo, affix, affrecover, affsegment, affsign, affstats, affuse, affverify and affxml.
Install afflib tools in Kali Linux
Install afflib tools Using apt
Update apt database with apt using the following command.
$ sudo apt update
After updating the apt database, We can install afflib tools using apt by running the following command:
$ sudo apt -y install afflib-tools
Install afflib tools Using apt-get
Update apt database with apt-get using the following command.
sudo apt-get update
After updating the apt database, We can install afflib tools using apt-get by running the following command:
$ sudo apt-get -y install afflib-tools
How To Uninstall afflib tools in Kali Linux
To uninstall only the afflib tools package we can use the following command:
$ sudo apt remove afflib-tools
Uninstall afflib tools And Its Dependencies
To uninstall afflib tools and its dependencies that are no longer needed by Kali Linux, we can use the command below:
$ sudo apt -y autoremove afflib-tools
Remove afflib tools Configurations and Data
To remove afflib tools configuration and data from Kali Linux we can use the following command:
$ sudo apt-get -y purge afflib-tools
Remove afflib tools configuration, data, and all of its dependencies
We can use the following command to remove afflib tools configurations, data, and all of its dependencies, we can use the following command:
$ sudo apt-get -y autoremove --purge afflib-tools
In this tutorial, we learn how to install afflib tools using different package management tools like apt and apt-get.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
- This article was written only for educational purposes.
- The author can not be held any responsibility for damage caused by the use of these resources.
- You will not use this information to gain unauthorized access or any other legal activity.
Read also Disclaimer
If you are using any illegal activities using these techniques kalilinuxtutorial.com can’t hold any responsibility for your action. This blog only for educational purposes where you will learn about Kali Linux how it works and how you can install any tools in Kali Linux.
If you have any questions about this article, any feedback, suggestions, or if you want to share your thoughts, please feel free to comment below. If you want to speak with us directly you can Contact Us.
- Install Ghost Framework on Kali Linux
- Change Hostname on Kali Linux
- How to Install evilginx2 on Kali Linux
- Update Kali Linux to Latest Version
- Top 12 Nmap Commands
- How To Install Kali Linux 2022.3
- How to Install abootimg in Kali Linux